We offer a detailed Container Inspection Service CSC. (in accordance with the Safety Convention) To ensure the unit is safe for shipping and properly certified.
External Container Inspection Ensures:
- No holes or cracks in walls or roof.
- Doors operate properly.
- Closing devices operate properly.
- No adhesive labels from the previous cargo, e.g. IMO placards.
- For flatracks: stanchions (if ordered) are complete and correctly fitted. For 40' flatracks: all lashing belts are present.
- For open-top models: roof bows are complete and correctly fitted.
- For open-top models: tarpaulins are undamaged and fit properly; ends of ropes are undamaged; all roof eyes are present.
- For hard-top models: roof is undamaged, roof locking mechanism fits and operates correctly.
Internal Container Inspection:
- Unit is watertight. Test method: enter container, close both doors securely and check for incoming light e.g. through cracks, holes, door gaskets etc.
- Interior is absolutely dry. (Clear any condensation or white frost in order to avoid corrosion and moisture damage to the cargo.)
- Unit is clean, free of cargo residues and neutral in odour.
- No nails or other protrusions which could damage the cargo