Available only at our Middlesbrough depot, we offer a detailed Container Inspection Service CSC (in accordance with the Safety Convention) to ensure the unit is safe for shipping and properly certified.
We thoroughly examine the exterior and interior of the container to ensure it is clean and watertight, free of holes or cracks, and all doors are fully operational, as well as checking all other areas of concern.
External Container Inspection Ensures:
- No holes or cracks in walls or roof.
- Doors operate properly.
- Closing devices operate properly.
- No adhesive labels from the previous cargo, e.g. IMO placards.
- For flatracks: stanchions (if ordered) are complete and correctly fitted. For 40' flatracks: all lashing belts are present.
- For open-top models: roof bows are complete and correctly fitted.
- For open-top models: tarpaulins are undamaged and fit properly; ends of ropes are undamaged; all roof eyes are present.
- For hard-top models: roof is undamaged, roof locking mechanism fits and operates correctly.
Internal Container Inspection:
- Unit is watertight. Test method: enter container, close both doors securely and check for incoming light e.g. through cracks, holes, door gaskets etc.
- Interior is absolutely dry. (Clear any condensation or white frost in order to avoid corrosion and moisture damage to the cargo.)
- Unit is clean, free of cargo residues and neutral in odour.
- No nails or other protrusions which could damage the cargo