If you require plenty of space for the safe and secure storage of goods, then our 40ft shipping containers could be the perfect option. Their impressive size and the specialised types available provide various access options for multiple uses. Not just used for storage and shipping, the 40ft container is suitable for a range of applications. Because of their size and versatility, they can be converted to host pop-up shops, offices, bars, restaurants, studios and much more.
40 Foot Shipping Container Features
We provide new and used models of 40ft shipping containers, which come with 27mm marine plywood flooring, multiple lashing points and multiple air vents as standard. All 40ft units are wind and watertight, so you can rest assured that the contents inside will be fully protected. New models also come with a lock box as standard, however, this is an optional feature of our used / second-hand containers.
Variations of 40 Foot Shipping Containers
We stock multiple types of 40ft container to buy and rent. All with varying access points but still wind and watertight, our 40ft containers are available for sale and hire in the following variations:
- Standard: The most popular form, with dimensions of 40ft x 8ft and a height of 8ft 6 inches.
- High Cube: 40ft high cube containers have the same length and width dimensions of the standard but with an extra foot of height (9ft 6 inches).
- Tunnel: Available in standard and high cube, 40ft tunnel containers have cargo doors at both ends of the unit.
- Tri Door: Available in high cube height only, the tri door features one additional door at the back of the container.
- Side Opening: Available in high cube height only, side openers also have doors across the entire length of the unit providing plenty of access.
- Open Top: Features a tarp roof for the loading of particularly large cargo.
Not what you were looking for? View our full range of shipping containers.
40 Foot Shipping Container Applications
Because of their size, 40ft containers can easily be converted, which is one reason why they’re one of our most popular units. 40ft shipping containers are extremely versatile, making them a blank canvas for a range of applications, including custom-made confined space training units, biomass boiler housing, welfare/washroom units, chemical storage, pop-up shops, studios, offices, bars and restaurants, workshops, canteens, temporary laboratories, electrical intake/switch rooms and many more. Common modifications include but are not limited to roller shutter doors, bespoke doors and windows, heating, lighting, and electrics.
Our 40ft containers are used across a variety of industries including retail, leisure, sports, chemical and energy companies. Chances are, they’ll be extremely useful in the industry you operate in too!
40 Foot Shipping Container Prices
Our 40ft containers are available for sale and hire. The cost of them can vary depending on several factors such as the desired location of the unit, whether it is new or used, and whether it is a specialised type, for example high cube or side opening. If you would like to buy or hire a 40ft shipping container, please enquire to receive an accurate quote for your location.